Friday, March 16, 2007

Rainbows, rainbows everywhere

I was having a really bad day. It was cloudy, muggy, and my routine was so monotonous. Gripe, complain-those were on my agenda for the day. I finally decided to go for a walk, and took Kate in the stroller. Of course, to make a bad day worse, during our walk it started to rain. Not really heavy, but a strong sprinkle. I pulled her cover over her and marched home. As we walked down our street, i looked up....and saw a rainbow. I had to laugh-God really was there and He really was listening to my complaints. I felt so embarassed. What did I have to complain about, really? Couldn't it be much worse? I remembered Noah when I saw the rainbow. Then I laughed. Thanks, God.
I parked the stroller on the sidewalk so that I could run in to get the camera. Andy is amazed at rainbows but he doesn't seem to get as excited about them as I do. He was on the phone, so he couldn't take too much time to come appreciate what was happening. (So often, that is how we are-too wrapped up in things to notice what God has planned. I'm not picking on Andy, I'm just using him for a good lesson I learned.) I grabbed the camera, came back outside, to find Kate standing up in the stroller.
Apparently she didn't notice what wonderful, beautiful things were happening. She was more like me-caught up in herself and what she could accomplish. But then, as I looked up, I tried to focus the camera just right so that I could get a good picture. I even did a manual focus. Then I noticed that there were 2 rainbows! I darkened the shadows in the picture so that you can notice it, but that's all the retouching that I did. I was so amazed. As it rained, and the sun was shining, there were 2 beautiful rainbows. It was so great to realize that even when God brings us rain, He's working on something even more beautiful for us-not just the sunshine but the other things that He designs. God is bringing me rain, but how great that He brings me through that to see what all He has in store for me. And just when I think He's only got 1 rainbow up His sleeve, He has so much more. I'm so glad that He's not limited to my plans!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philipians 4 says to think about all thing beautiful and praiseworthy and lovely...So today, it's a good day to praise Him! for rainbows, and families, and wisdom, and that He is in control. May you all be blessed with excellent worship today! and tomorrow! and the next day!

jersey ryn said...

cammie!! excellent picture. :) i saw these rainbows too... sarah & i were in the toolcrib, & one of the UGA guys pointed out that there was a rainbow right over the toolcrib. we ran up on the roof of that new bunkhouse & stared at it til it disappeared. i didn't think i'd see it again, but there it is, in your picture!! :)