Wednesday, March 14, 2007

VT was here

Taking a break after some roofing work.
Mackenzie learning about the mudbug!
The roof is looking pretty good!
Ok I admit, I stole these pictures from Sam Hardin, but since none of us at LPC have done a very good job of blogging, I figured I might as well share what Sam and the gang did while they were here. I wasn't on the work site, but from the pictures I saw, they did an incredible job on a roof, some of you parents outta be proud, your kids could run a roofing company.As many of you know, I've been working back in the private sector, and Richard and Barb have been doing the job that just over a year ago brought me to live in the Bay. I'm back in the "real" world, a business owner in the Bay. It's great to be able to see signs of Lagniappe Church all over the area. Yesterday Cammie and I were at Sonic and spotted 30 or more pink wristbands. College students from TCU and Georgetown, KY were there, having ice cream or something after a long day. Jordan has been managing teams like a mad man, keeping over 200 people working on projects all over this area. Our youth group from our former home town of Louisville, MS was here for two days, doing what they do best, tearing stuff up, and some of the non-glamorous jobs, like working around the property, making sure it was clean and serving meals. Good job guys. I do have one side note. I was talking to our realtor today and she was talking about the rebuilding effort. She said "I used to think it would take 3-5 years to rebuild, but now I'm thinking it's more like 5-10 years..." If you haven't had a chance to come down, don't worry -- there will be time when you can! Come see us, keep praying for us. Send Jordan some help! ;) Also, Pray for Cammie, she has a really bad sore throat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: