Friday, October 31, 2008

Blocks and Brooms

The Arden Presbyterian (SC) team brought this 1927 Singer sewing machine that runs like a dream. The tag attached to the machine reads -- To: Sewing Women @ Laginappe Presbyterian Fm: Jay Migeras @ Arden Pres. The machine will be given to Donna Skinner, one of Lagniappe's home owners. Block and foundation work was the focus of the Arden volunteers this week in the community. They also entertained us as they danced with and pushed brooms cleaning in the main building here at Lagniappe.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I might be mistaken but I think its actually NC.- Asheville, NC to be exact. That was my friends church growing up before she got married. A beautiful church at that- its the church she was married in. Regardless, just thought I'd say.

Miss you Barbara, and of course Richard, and really everyone at Lagniappe- I hope I can get away from the books and come down soon-