Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Have Been To Narnia

Yesterday Jean and I drove 3 hours to speak 10 minutes at a presbytery meeting in North Florida. Last month I spoke in Asheville and Atlanta and Saturday to a ladies group in Hattiesburg. At the end of this month I drive to Orlando, once again to tell the story of what God is doing in the Bay. I feel like one who has just returned from Narnia, telling others to remember that such a place really exists, the place where Aslan walks and speaks clearly. I can see in their eyes the excitement they once knew and have now forgotten. "Yes, there really is such a place," I remind them. Jesus is so very real. There is such deep joy, but there is a price because there's no resurrection without death. There's no joy without loss. That's the paradox of Christianity, the law of inverse affects. The way up is the way down. It's when I'm weak that I'm strong. It's when I seek to save my life that I loose it yet when I loose it for His sake I find the abundant life that He promised. And I'm so very afraid...that one day I'll be sitting in a pew somewhere, with someone telling me to remember...that I will one day forget, having been away from Narnia for too long. Please pray for the work here. Sometimes it gets very hard. Please pray for our speaking engagements. Jean speaks at a missions conference this weekend. Please pray that God would ignite the hearts of his hearers with the vision for the work here, and that yes Jesus walks and speaks clearly in the Bay. May it be so everywhere one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the "you're mad" section? I loved that! I only want to work with mad people!