Monday, October 09, 2006

Not going to be one of the Nine...

June may have been the last time that I have posted on this here Blog. Curt seems to be very faithful at blogging but I blame that on the coffee. If I averaged six shots of expresso a day I also would need many outlets for all that caffiene. Today I blog so as not to be one of the nine. Jesus heals the lepors and only one returns to thank Him. Not being one of the nine is a common expression here at Lagniappe, that along with many other expressions but that is a whole other blog. The thougth is not to forget to thank Jesus for the many blessings and incredible happenings that He is working right in front of us on a daily basis. A high percentage of the posts on this blog are about just such things. I often posted after a day that God's hand was evident, but now I haven't posted for some time. Today, we had a couple from Wisconsin that we had worked with earlier back in the Morrell days stop by and want to work with us for the week. I had just hung up the phone with Mary Perkins, who if we could finish the hanging, mudding, and taping of the sheetrock on her house, which was just started last Monday, she had someone who could finish the painting and texture the walls, moving her so close to getting in her home. Two volunteers show up and are the answer to prayer that this homeowner wants answered so desperately. I do not want to be one of the nine and I will praise God for even seemingly so little workings in the big scheme and number of volunteers that run through this place. Its not that these things do not take place anymore, its just that I have probably nine times out of ten not returned to thank Jesus and 1 out of 100 times not blogged about these things. Continue to pray for Lagniappe but thank God everytime you pray for this place because He has already done incredible things and will continue to work His good, pleasing, and perfect will.

No comments: