Friday, July 28, 2006

It's 5 O'clock in Bay St. Louis

Imagine my surprize when Curt called this morning and said, "Jimmy Buffett is in Bay St. Louis!" I have had 2 things on my life 'to do' list- 1.) Sail around the world, 2.) Meet Jimmy Buffett. Today I checked number 2 off of the list. I placed an emergency phone call to the interns, "Get signs, get hats, get beachballs, purchase cheeseburgers and meet me at the end of Main Street..." The soon-to-be parrotheads joined me at the end of Main Street with about 10 other Bay St. Louis residents, watched the filming of Buffett's new video "Bama Breeze" and met him, invited him to our catfish fry tonight (he declined) and enjoyed a day that on a scale of 1 to 10 was an 11 (some of you will get that!). The real highlight was Buffett's assistant taking Jean IV and I to meet Jimmy personally. He signed Jean's guitar in French "Play this Guitar with all your heart- Jacque Buffett". He also offered to teach Jean some curse words in French- not kidding, so funny! What a day, look for more blogs about Buffett day in the Bay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you JFL,III!!! Cute pics BTW and love the outfits!

You, Kim and the kids must come over some time! I am not kidding - we talk about getting together but nothing ever happens ... now we have the new addition to our family and you will have to come by and see her soon. (she has Sam's nose - poor girl - my mom said "that's why they have nose jobs" (ok, Jean will appreciate that comment - you have to know my mother to understand)

I come on the website once in awhile to check up on things with you and your church - I am so impressed with all you have done and continue to do. You ae truly an amazing person and I am so happy you got to meet JIMMY BUFFETT!! See you continue to be rewarded for your good deeds - and if you hadnt moved back to the Bay - see what you would have missed!!

Speaking of "missed" - I missed Hayden coming into town! I recall you saying she was coming and I forgot to call - I wish I had remembered. Please tell her I say hello - AND give your mom a big hug from me. Take care and KIT!

(ooh and I have seen the bright green tees around town and I dont think it looks like a billboard at all - I think they turned out very nice)