Saturday, August 12, 2006

A priest for the 'priestless'

Today I find myself being very 'Bay-Polar' (the Bay St. Louis version of Bi-Polar). We had an issue facing one of the interns that seemed humanly impossible- one of those things that you would hope God would acquiesse to, but really in the back of your mind didn't believe that He would do. Faced with that I suggested we pray (the pastor remember...) and ask the God who owns everything and who can do all of His holy will to act and grant a 'sweet kiss on the cheek' to His child who was so clearly conflicted and needy. God answered. He did exactly as we had prayed- almost in an eerie way. The timing was what we'd prayed for, the exact petition was granted and hearts were ready to receive the answer and give Him the glory. I talked to the intern on the phone this morning and prayed again, not wanting to be one of the nine lepers who were healed and DID NOT return to Jesus giving thanks. I found myself weeping in the prayer (Bay-polar remember...) and thanking God for this 'clear answer' and for the 'unclear ones'. It is so easy to love our God conditionally, to love him when He hits a 'home run', to embrace Him when he submits to our will. I find myself jealous of answered prayer like that- I am surrounded by sheetrock on tractor trailers prayed into existence, bunkhouses built in impossible timing, food, staff, finances and intern prayers being answered, but I so often sit with a downcast spirit- the priest for everyone, but without a priest myself. God is patient with his 'priestless' priests, isn't He? He patiently reminds me that I AM NOT without an intercessor or high priest- He, himself, is interceding on my behalf, very comforting, but hard to see. Psalm 62, Psalm 62...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chin up young person. you are very loved.

-big barbie

jersey ryn said...

whichever of you this is about, i'm praying for you. well, praying for all of you as it is. but you know. :)

Anonymous said...

The intern's mother praises our God for his faithfulness AND thanks God for the friendship he established between the two of you. He provides our every need and he promises to never leave us nor forsake us. Know that I pray for you.