Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sunset over the Bay...

"The heavens declare the glory of God, the earth His handiwork..." As I left Lagniappe this evening our Father was 'screaming' to the Bay- "I am the creator! I am the one who frames the heavens! I give orders to the morning- It obeys ME!" I couldn't resist- I drove like a parched man seeking water to a virgin spot of marsh to see His heavenly canvas. It was so profoundly beautiful. There were others there, almost drawn to see something beautiful in the midst of the rebuilding. I wondered what they thought as we watched the same spectacle. Were there others in other spots standing in awe? What did they hear as my Father's voice 'screamed'? A God who paints beauty like this is certainly not a random God- all things work to His Glory...ALL things. My Father, the painter- I wish that you could have seen it on more than the blog. He is so good, so safe. He alone is my hope and my rest- it is good of Him to 'scream' at me from time to time. We all need a sunset or two to remind us of the deeper things.

No comments: