Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jesus Lives in Asheville

I have been out of the Bay since Saturday, speaking to a church in Atlanta Sunday and driving to Black Mountain, NC (Just East of Asheville). NO HUMIDITY, MOUNTAINS, GREEN, AND EVEN MORE GLORIOUS...AN ABUNDANCE OF COFFEE SHOPS. I am speaking at chapel to the students of Montreat College. Yesterday I spoke about God's work in the Bay and how He has sovereignly administered grace through suffering. I challenged the students to consider how God uses suffering and crisis to bring us to Himself and to mature us. I also issued a call to consider our summer internship program. Tonight at 7pm we will show the Lagniappe video and have a time for questions and answers. Tomorrow concludes the week at chapel as we look at 1 Corinthians 12, Unity and Diversity of the Body- How to respect the differences God has created in each of us and how we serve together in love. Pray for the time here. I am meeting with several students at lunch to discuss their interest.

No comments: