Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Go Ahead and Leave

Again, this week we have another set of teams. Again, it is a whole new set of names to learn, Chris, Tristen, Tim, Karl, Lilly, and Tony, or atleast that is what I think all the names are. Right off the bat Monday morning Tristen asks as we are starting our roofing project if I will get attached, if I like their team. I respond, if you get this roof done quick and well I will. Of course we have seen hundreds of volunteers and hope to make that number thousands and they all have two things in common. The first is that they leave, the second is that they make an impact. Tristin, I do get attached. I love to see ya'll back after a day of work hearing about how the man you helped didn't wany you to leave beceause he enjoyed the company and was comforted. I am grateful when Tony and Karl jump in the truck to help me deliver sheds. Chris and Lilly make me smile as they do the rough jobs of cleaning up and cutting shingles. Every week new teams come in and the Lord uses them to make an impact. Please teams, keep coming because with the heartbreak of seeing ya'll leave at the end of the week atleast I know a new team is coming in to serve the Lord, continue the work, and fellowship with us. Ya'll make it happen down here, keep coming and come back.

4 comments:

Kate's Dad said...

love that shirt on you jordan, the netting looks great ;)

Jean F. Larroux, III said...

Profound. I would add that an additional privlege that teams have is to work with men like Jordan. What an opportunity, not only to come and work for a week, then leave, but to work with a man who has worked for months and won't.

Anonymous said...

As Jordan' dad, it was a real pleasure to come and work with my son, to see his willingness to work hard labor for the cause of helping others, to see his willingness to serve the Lord, and to see him excited about doing the Lord's work. You make me proud!

Anonymous said...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John:4
"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints - the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you.
For this reason . . . we have not stopped praying for yhou and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, being strengthened with all power accordinig to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light!"
Colossians 1:5-6a,9-13

Also, I just have to say this as I always say to you as you leave or go somewhere new -"remember who you represent and remember to call your mama!"
Love you son!