Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday on the Road

It's Thursday morning on the coast and I am slated to speak at a Mission's conference in Athens, GA this weekend at Redeemer Presbyterian Church. I am working on details to get to Athens via Memphis, not as the crow flies, but where my heart flies- corny, but true. What a blessing to have Jordan, Jocie, Andy and Curt as the hands and feet of the relief work. I have heard that the mark of a 'strong' ministry is the 'walk away' factor- "Can you be gone and the ministry still function?" Funny thing is that it seems to function without me even when it's here- what a blessing! Please pray for travelling mercies and clarity of speech at the Mission's conference. Side note: I blogged a couple of days ago that our house sale in Memphis fell through. As I talked with my Dad yesterday he remarked about the 'providence' of Kim and the kiddos not having to move 'twice'. Providence is a funny thing- so clear in the rear-view mirror and so foggy in the windshield. Psalm 61:1-2, "Hear my cry O God, be attentive to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I cry to you. I call to you as my heart grows faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

No comments: