Saturday, April 08, 2006

What They Are Thinking About Now That They're Home

Last week I emailed Ryan Mecum, asking if he would send me some reflections from his team now that they were home. Ryan's group was the Madierra Sliverwood group that was here March 25-April 1. Here are a few thoughts.
"I love how the experience was double-sided; I learned new skills like how to roof a house, but also I was able to interact with the people who lost their homes. It was so touching to hear their individual stories, rather than catching it on the news. I love that God has provided this opportunity for believers to come together in this situation and spread his love. I am so thankful for all of the people who are giving up their lives to keep this running, so volunteers can come and have a bed, a meal, and a job to do." -Laura Schorr
"It's eye-opening to see what still must be done."Andrew Hamner

No comments: